Sunday, February 17, 2008

Truly, Madly, Deeply.....

I am in love. And however uncool it may be to say this, I am in love with my parents. I've been blogging and reading many blogs for quite some time now. And am surprised at the teeny weeny blogspace we bloggers devote to our parents.
We talk about lovers and friends, about colleagues and crushes. There are mom blogs that talk about motherhood and children, and relationships and stuff, but we never somehow seem to talk about our parents. I am surprised too that I haven't written about my parents considering how much I miss them and think about them all the time!

But this isn't a ritualistic post written for the sake of officially recognising their role in my life. It's because I don't seem to have enough of them these days. I probably love my parents as much as you do, but I respect them now more than I ever did. It's about situations in life and how they change you, change the way you look at things and people. I've moved from taking them for granted to cherishing them for the persons they are and not just my parents.

I realise now how easy they had made life for me by just being who they are, by giving me the space to be me. I love them for their ability to smile when they see the silver lining in the clouds. I value them for helping me to have faith in the goodness of life, to believe that it's going to be alright and that this too shall pass. I love them for their simplicity, their inability to complicate things like others do and to be happy. I love them for their energy and enthusiasm for life,And their efforts to pass it on to their children. I love them for letting the child in me live when they were helping me grow up, for being able to laugh out loud a carefree laugh, for loving us selflessly and unconditionally.

And I probably miss not living with them so much because there are such few people like them. Love you ma and pa!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! just wait till you have ur own kids and start raising them...then you will respect ur parents a whole lot more......!!

and hey.. what happened to the other flashy template you had a couple of days back? decided against it?

Anonymous said...

I dont even know you but after reading this post , I really think you must a be a wonderful person and a treasured child to your parents. Beautifully written.

Anonymous said...

I was looking for writings about parents because my parents 25th anniversary is coming up; May I Please, and I really mean it , Please use this post of yours. I could understand every word of what you have written and I wish I could only write like that, but I am quite bad at expressing my thoughts on paper.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Estabilizador e Nobreak, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://estabilizador-e-nobreak.blogspot.com. A hug.